The Fostering Excellence Awards are the UK’s leading foster care awards. They celebrate excellence and outstanding achievement in fostering and recognise those who make exceptional contributions to foster care every year.
Now in their fourth year, the Fostering Excellence Awards are a fantastic opportunity to shine a spotlight on some of the young people, foster carers, social workers and others who make a positive contribution to the fostering community.
Nominations for this year's awards are now closed.
Winners have now been selected and successful nominators have been contacted.
Due to the large number of nominations that are submitted, we are unable to notify you if the person you nominated has not been shortlisted or selected as a winner. Unsuccessful nominees will also not be contacted.
Nominations for the Fostering Excellence Awards 2018 will open in spring 2018.
There are three award categories overall which include a total of nine awards:
Outstanding Achievement – selected via nominations
- Outstanding Achievement Award celebrates the achievements of a young person who has succeeded against the odds on their journey through foster care - open to 16-24 year olds with experience of care
Outstanding Achievement in Education Award celebrates the achievements of a young person who has been in foster care and has succeeded in education - open to 16-24 year olds with experience of care.
Outstanding Contribution to Foster Care – selected via nominations
- Outstanding Contribution by a Foster Carer Award recognises a foster carer who has made an exceptional contribution to foster care - open to members of The Fostering Network. Sponsored by Endsleigh Insurance.
- Jon and Kathy Broad Award recognises the outstanding work of a foster carer who specialises in fostering children and young people with learning disabilities.
- Outstanding Contribution by a Social Worker Award recognises a social worker who has made an exceptional contribution to foster care - open to members of The Fostering Network
- Outstanding Contribution by Sons and Daughters Award celebrates a son, daughter or sibling group who have gone the extra mile to support their parents or children and young people in foster care with their family - open to the sons and daughters of members of The Fostering Network.
Fostering Supporters – selected by The Fostering Network
- Fostering Community Supporter Award recognises a person or group of people who have given their time and effort to promote or support fostering
- Fostering Friendly: Employer of the Year Award recognises a fostering friendly employer who has supported foster carers in their employment. Sponsored by Partnerships in Children's Services.
- President’s Award celebrates people who have made an extraordinary contribution to foster care.
The award ceremony will take place in London on 26 October 2017. Winners will be invited to attend with a guest of their choice and the person who nominated them.