We are thrilled to have been in partnership with Dreams, Britain's leading bed specialist for the last two and a half years. Together, with CEO Mike Logan and the 2000 employees, we worked to ensure that foster care is the very best that is can be and through corporate and staff fundraising, Dreams fundraised over £200k to support our vital work supporting those involved with fostering.
With over 25 years’ experience and a genuine passion for sleep, Dreams is Britain's leading bed specialist. They’re totally committed to bringing everyone the best night's sleep with a huge range of quality beds and mattresses, many of them handcrafted in their factory in the UK.
Dreams colleagues in England, Scotland and Wales helped us to raise awareness and funds in their 195 stores over two and a half years.This has enabled us to grow projects and campaign for more action in areas including:
- The foster carer member helpline
- Recruitment of new foster carers
- Further implementing The Mockingbird Programme™
- Campaigning to get foster carer’s voices heard
Smaller projects such as ‘Helping Hands’ quilters
Dreams ran corporate activities to boost donations towards their fundraising targets. These included:
- Sponsorship of our Fostering Excellence Awards. Dreams hosted a VIP drinks reception for the award winners, funded the entertainment and sponsored the 'Outstanding Achievement Award' which recgonises the achievements of 16-24 years old who are care experienced.
- Corporate golf days hosted by the CEO.
- ‘Ride Every 8’ cycling challenges with the CEO and staff from Dreams Bedquarters.
- Donating income from the sales of their Dreams advertising singles.
Donating income from their biannual sample sales.
Alongside the corporate fundraising, staff took part in a large variety of internal staff fundraising right across the UK for The Fostering Network to help us continue our work. From customer facing fundraisers such as in-store cake sales, raffles and competitions to Dreams staff team challenge events (including National 3 Peaks Challenge and carrying a bed up to the summit of Snowdon), Dreams staff were fully engaged with flying the flag for fostering and raising much needed funds.
Find out more
The Fostering Network is proud of the partnership that was developed over the years with Dreams and is thrilled at the level of engagement that they received from everyone in the company from factory floors to stores to head office.
If you are interested in becoming one of our partners, please get in touch and we will be delighted to talk through our corporate packages.