Good afternoon members, hope you’re looking forward to a lovely and hopefully sunny weekend. It’s been a few weeks since our last community round up, so this post is a bit longer than most.
- There’s an interesting and topical post asking for your thoughts on the portrayal of fostering in Eastenders. The words the member uses to describe the soap include ‘taking the biscuit’. Do you agree?
- Talking of fostering on the telly, there’s a lively discussion taking place on the BBC Two documentary ‘Protecting Our Foster Kids’. Have you been watching the series? What’s your take on it?
- Have any of you experienced transferring from a fostering agency to a local authority? One member is asking for advice on how to maintain a good relationship with the agency through this process.
- Another member has had an allegation of abuse made against them and is being investigated. It’s the first time this has happened to them and they’ve asked fellow community members for advice on dealing with the situation.
- There have been two separate posts about dealing with a child moving on. One member has asked for guidance on dealing with the grief they’re experiencing; the other is asking for advice on dealing with the ‘finding family team’ as they prepare their two foster children for the process of adoption.