Hello! I hope you’ve all got through ‘Blue Monday’ and are ready for the fortnightly round-up of the community posts and discussions that have caught my eye in the last two weeks.
- One carer has asked for advice about documents needed when taking a foster child overseas. Do any of you have any guidance you can share?
- There’s also a discussion about passport and complications to do with a parent’s surname. Do you have any advice to add? There have been a few contributions from members already, so perhaps there’s info that could be of benefit to you.
- We’re getting around to that time of year where many of you will be thinking of tax returns. Yes, so soon! One member wants to know if they have to fill out a tax form even if they’ve not had a placement in the last financial year. Any advice to give?
- What’s your experience of keeping in contact with children and young people you’ve cared for? Is there a right or wrong approach? Please share your thoughts with the community.
- Getting time off school to treat your foster child can often be difficult. Do you have any tips on the best way to approach the school for permission?