The Fostering Network is led by a senior leadership team and a board of trustees, with experience across social care, the third sector, business and finance.
Chief Executive – Kevin Williams
Kevin joined The Fostering Network in June 2015 from DSGM yourChoice, and has previously worked as chief executive of TACT, the UK's largest charitable fostering and adoption provider. He also has over 15 years’ experience as a social worker in a range of care settings for local authorities across England. He served a tenure as chair of the National Association of Fostering Providers from 2010-11, and is on the editorial advisory board for Children and Young People Now.
Senior Leadership Team
- Chief Executive - Kevin Williams
- Director of Finance and Resources - Geoff Wilson
- Director of Communications and Public Affairs - Jackie Sanders
- Director of Operations - Melissa Green
- Director, The Fostering Network in Northern Ireland - Kathleen Toner
- Director, The Fostering Network in Scotland - Sara Lurie
- Director, The Fostering Network in Wales - Colin Turner
The board of trustees
The Fostering Network – like all charities – is governed by a board of trustees, which determines the strategic direction of the organisation. The trustees play an essential part in the governance and therefore the success of The Fostering Network. Meet our trustees.
Our president, Libby Thornhill, and vice presidents, represent The Fostering Network at our high profile events, membership conferences and stakeholder meetings, with the aim of raising the profile of fostering and ensuring young people in care have a positive experience of family life and the best possible start to adulthood. Meet our president and vice president.