The aim of this training course is to raise the profile of delegated authority and increase confidence in putting it into practice.
This course gives participants a comprehensive overview of the legislative context of delegated authority and allows them to explore delegated authority from different perspectives.
The training also gives an overview of delegated authority practice issues and includes action planning workshop activities to facilitate the implementation of delegated authority locally.
This course is aimed at
All staff involved in fostering, including; Access to Resources Teams; children’s social work teams including leaving care services; IROs; foster carers; participation workers and residential workers.
In our experience, services have found that delivering this training as a large event for up to 60 people is beneficial as it brings together a mixed group. We can also deliver the training in a workshop format (for about 15 people) which may be more appropriate if in-depth discussion is required within your service.
This course will enable participants to:
- Increase their understanding of delegated authority and the legislative context
- Consider the key messages from the Fostering Network Delegated Authority project
- Consider the issues round the sharing and balance of responsibilities when delegating authority
- Consider implications for local care planning and practice in their service when working in this way
To book or for more information on our Moving forward with delegated authority training:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call 020 7620 6445