The aim of this course is to enable participants to develop training skills, knowledge and confidence in delivering pre-approval foster care training linked to assessment. Our two-day course will prepare anyone with responsibility for running in-house preparation sessions for new applicants.
This course is designed to enable participants to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the Skills to Foster pre approval training course. This is an introductory level course primarily aimed at those who have little or no experience of delivering the Skills to Foster pre-approval training package. Those who are already delivering the Skills to Foster pre approval training may also wish to attend in order build on their current experience. They will have an opportunity to reflect on their own training practice and to improve their skills.
This course will enable participants to:
- identify key adult learning and group work theories
- explore and practise the skills needed to learn training for applicants
- experience working in partnership with others by planning, preparing and delivering a presentation
- observe and evaluate sessions presented by other course participants
- evaluate their own preparation, presentation and co-working acknowledge the skills they already possess and those that they may need to develop further
- work with The Fostering Network's key pre-approval resource The Skill to FosterTM, 3rd Edition.
Registration from 9.30am with lunch and refreshments provided
Nearest parking at Sophia Gardens CF11 9LJ