Exploring the roles men play in foster care.
This course explores the roles men play in foster care as main carers, single carers or supporting their partner. It explores the idea of the ‘positive male role model’ as well as expectations and stereotypes in foster care.
This course is aimed at...
...men only, including foster carers, the sons of foster carers, supervising social workers or fostering service managers. The course is facilitated by male trainers.
This course will enable participants to:
- share and discuss experiences
- consider how gender influences child care
- identify what a 'positive male role model' means in practice
- consider the role of men in work with children and young people who have been sexually abused and the impact this has on safer caring practice
- explore ways to support men in foster care.
To book or for more information on our Moving forward with delegated authority training:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call 020 7620 6445