Year 1 (2016 - 2017) masterclasses focused on the theme of building resilience and understanding attachment.
Developed for foster carers, social workers, and designated teachers, the masterclasses delivered further learning on attachment theory, explaining how and why insecure attachments can impact learning, and how teachers and schools can support vulnerable learners and build resilience by being attachment aware.
The presentations delivered on the day can be found at the below links:
Year 2 (2017 - 2018) masterclasses covered the following topics:
- Inspiring and supporting children and young people in care and care leavers to higher education
- Building resilience and supporting the mental health needs of looked after children
Year 3 (2018 - 2019) masterclasses covered the following topics:
- Building a good relationship with your foster childs school
- Speech, language and communication
- Therapeutic play
- Secure Base
- Supporting young people in care with anxiety disorder
- Addressing adversity: Trauma and adverse childhood experiences
- What happends after graduation? Preparing and supporitng young people in care and care leavers for life after university
- Life Journey Work
Unlocking speech, langauge and communication