After feedback from our members and the success of our recent roadshows, we will be taking our popular national conference on the road in 2017/18. We will be delivering conferences across the UK to give members the opportunity to explore local, regional and national issues in fostering.
Exclusively for members, the conferences will be delivered by our specialist regional and country staff teams and will include expert speaker and best practice sessions. Developed for foster carers and fostering service staff, they will be an opportunity for you to update your knowledge and practice, as well as to meet others from your fostering community.
Each event will give you the opportunity to hear more about national developments and innovation in fostering, as well as news and practice developments from your region or country. We will also be providing updates on our work to support post-18 care and the latest State of the Nation's Foster Care survey.
View a sample agenda from the West Midlands event containing further information about the types of sessions you can expect.
The content of each conference is tailored to the region, beginning with a vision and policy focus and moving onto practice issues.
Tickets for members are £46 plus VAT per person or £115 plus VAT for a group of three. Lunch and refreshments will be included.
Bookings are are now open for the following conferences. Places are limited so don't miss out - book your place now.
- North East - The Sjovoll Centre, Durham on 12 September 2017
- South West - Taunton Conference Centre, Taunton on 28 September 2017
- South Wales - Central South Consortium, Cardiff on 3 October 2017
- North Wales - Porth Eirias, Colwyn Bay on 10 October 2017
- North West - Salford University, Manchester on 19 October 2017
- Northern Ireland - Hilton Templepatrick, County Antrim on 9 November 2017
- London - Congress Centre on 30 November 2017
- East of England - Ipswich Town Football Club on 23 January 2018
- East Midlands - Loughborough University on 8 February 2018
- Scotland - Edinburgh on 13 March 2018
- Yorkshire and Humber - Leeds on 15 March 2018
Please note that locations and content may be subject to change.