Hello! It's time once more for a community round-up. We've had a bit of a longer gap than usual - giving you time off for Christmas, of course - but we'll be resuming our fortnightly schedule from here. Now the new year festivities have also passed, I hope you can find the time to dive back into the community and share your experiences where they're needed!
- How did your Christmas go? A discussion earlier on in December - 'How will you survive the Christmas Holidays?' - highlights some of the reasons why becoming a foster carer is a challenging but rewarding experience.
- This foster carer is taking in an unaccompanied asylum speaker - if you have advice, or relevant experience, share it here!
- Have you been asked to write a 'moving-on letter' at the end of a placement? When would or wouldn't you agree?
- Happy Huddy talks about the launch of Staffordshire FCA, which they helped to found!
- knitandsew, who has been tasked with writing about the expectations and realities of becoming a foster carer, asks: "Is the reality of being a foster carer what you expected it to be?"