The Fostering Network is a membership organisation and as such it is vitally important that we listen to what our members tell us.
We have procedures for making compliments, suggestions and complaints based on the following principles.
- Ensure open access to all procedures
- Adhere to The Fostering Network equal opportunities policy
- Carry out an impartial review of all complaints
- Require positive action on the part of The Fostering Network’s senior management team and board of trustees in response to justified complaints
- Aim to resolve all complaints satisfactorily where possible
- Keep an open mind with regard to all suggestions
Regard compliments, suggestions and complaints as a way of continuously improving our services.
Procedures for compliments, suggestions and complaints
1. Procedure for giving us a compliment
It is of enormous value for us to hear of any positive experiences that you have had while involved with The Fostering Network. If you would like to pay us a compliment, please write to us or send us an email. You can send your compliments to the individual you have been on contact with or to our chief executive. Contact us
2. Procedure for sharing a suggestion with us
Suggestions for how we might improve any aspect of our service are always welcome. If you have a suggestion for us, please contact the relevant country director (England, Northern Ireland , Scotland and Wales) or write to the chief executive clearly stating your suggestion, which part of the service it relates to, and the benefits you believe the suggestion would offer to our members or the organisation. Contact us
3. Procedure for making a complaints
The Complaints Procedure has four stages:
Stage 1 – preliminary stage
Stage 2 - intermediate stage
Stage 3 – formal stage
Stage 4 - Independent Review stage.
While it is open to you to begin the complaints procedure at Stage 3, we hope that unless you consider the situation to be of a very serious nature, every effort will be made to resolve your complaint at Stage 1 or Stage 2.
If you would like a full copy of the complaints procedure, please get in touch by emailing email@example.com or calling 020 7620 6400.
Note on anonymity and confidentiality
While The Fostering Network accepts complaints that are made in confidence, please note that this can make investigation of a complaint difficult.
If there is any indication that a complaint involves a child being at risk of harm, The Fostering Network will pass on the information to the statutory agencies.