Develop your understanding of abuse allegations and complaints made against foster carers.
This course aims to enable participants to develop their understanding of abuse allegations and complaints made against foster carers, and of the procedures used to manage such allegations and complaints.
It is based on the guidance Managing Allegations and Serious Concerns about Foster Carers’ Practice and Standards of Care, written by the Fostering Network for the DfE.
This course is aimed at...
...fostering service managers, family placement workers, social workers and any staff who may be involved in investigating allegations and complaints against foster carers.
This course will enable participants to:
- develop a balanced and realistic understanding of allegations and complaints in foster care
- consider how everyone involved in fostering can play a part in minimising the incidence of allegations of abuse
- examine implications for policy and procedures for managing allegations and complaints in relation to the DfE guidance
- explore the availability of quality support for carers and their families during an allegation.
The Fostering Network’s Allegations Against Foster Carers Signpost booklet.
To book or for more information on our Moving forward with delegated authority training:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- or call 020 7620 6445