As the UK’s leading fostering charity we offer practice support to member fostering services. In England, we have a dedicated service of regional advisers, and we provide support through our helplines in all four countries of the UK.
The Practice Support Team in England
The Practice Support Team is the cornerstone of The Fostering Network’s membership offer to fostering services in England, providing specialist practice support and expertise. They proactively promote excellence in fostering via expert advice and support on the framework governing fostering (such as legislation, regulation, standards, and guidance) as well as ensuring that learning from The Fostering Network’s innovative national programmes, such as Head Heart Hands, and Mockingbird, is translated into practice development throughout the country.
The Practice Support Team is committed to delivering quality practice support and guidance to member organisations across England. Each Practice Support Consultant has a wealth of experience and comes from a professional background in social care.
The Practice Support Team:
- Provides practice advice, information, support and guidance to organisational members.
- Promotes the development of good practice via information reports, briefings, online information and advice services, and delivery of workshops and training.
- Facilitates and/or attends regional forums which enable members to network with others in the same region. There are some differences between regions but there are forums for those whose role includes the management of fostering services (local authority and independent fostering providers), chairing of fostering panels, recruitment and retention, training and development for staff and foster carers, and Foster Care Associations.
- Ensures that issues raised by members are represented locally, regionally and nationally as appropriate. The Practice Support Team proactively contributes to and influences the legislative and regulatory framework that governs fostering in England.
Develops working partnerships with other organisations (including government and third sector organisations) through contributions to collaborative projects and alliances.
The Practice Support Team – who we are
The team works on a regional basis across England which reflects the regional affiliations that our member services operate across the country.
Contact your local regional consultant:
- London and Eastern regions – Joanna Adande
- West and East Midlands – Sab Jagpal
- North West – Judy Bell
- South East and Tri-borough London – Diane Heath
- South West – Kim Harris
- Yorkshire & Humberside – Maria Chase
North East - Keith Miller
For general queries, contact the Practice Support Team administrator Angela Sinclair.
The Practice Support Team manager is Helen Keaney.
Practice support in Northern Ireland
Contact our advice and information service.
Practice support in Scotland
Contact Fosterline Scotland.
Practice support in Wales
Contact Fosterline Wales.