The aim of this course is to enable participants to develop training skills, knowledge and confidence in delivering pre-approval foster care training linked to assessment. Our three-day course is vital for anyone with responsibility for running in-house preparation sessions for new applicants.
This course will enable participants to:
- identify key adult learning and group work theories
- explore and practise the skills needed to learn training for applicants
- experience working in partnership with others by planning, preparing and delivering a presentation
- observe and evaluate sessions presented by other course participants
- evaluate their own preparation, presentation and co-working
- acknowledge the skills they already possess and those that they may need to develop further
- work with The Fostering Network's key pre-approval resource The Skill to FosterTM, 3rd Edition.
How to book a place on this training course
Please complete and return the booking form below. For further information contact Joy Crawford, Learning & Development Co-ordinator
The cost of this course is £320.00 + vat for members of The Fostering Network, £640.00 + vat for non-members.