Enabling participants to develop training skills, knowledge and confidence in delivering pre-approval foster care training linked to assessment.
The aim of this course is to enable participants to develop training skills, knowledge and confidence in delivering pre-approval foster care training linked to assessment.
To enable participants to develop their skills, knowledge and confidence to deliver the Skills to Foster pre approval training course. This is an introductory level course aimed at those who have little or no experience of delivering training.
This course will enable participants to:
- To identify individual learning and training styles
- To explore what makes a good presenter
- To improve confidence in facilitating groups
- To provide an opportunity to work in partnership with others
- To consider effective ways to work with groups using different training methods
- To plan, deliver and evaluate a short training session
- To become familiar with the Skills to Foster 3rd edition
Why use The Skills to Foster approach?
We believe The Skills to Foster Assessment is the best approach to assessing potential foster carers. The approach has the following benefits:
- Using this approach will ensure consistent, high quality assessment of potential foster carers
- The process is fostering specific, placing emphasis on duties particular to foster care, ensuring applicants have an adequate support network and making provisions for the sons and daughters of foster carers. It actively involves the applicant, making sure they are aware of what being a foster carer involves and how they can be a positive role model for the children and young people they look after
- It is easy to use and easy to adapt and customise to reflect your recruitment process and needs.
By using both The Skills to Foster: preapproval training and the assessment process to assess your foster carers, we estimate that you can provide evidence for over 70 per cent of the Training, Support and Development Standards for Foster Care.
- 11 - 13 September 2018 - Fully booked
- 22 - 24 January 2019 - Fully booked
- 26 - 28 March 2019
To register your interest and receive details of future events email our training team with your full name and address.
This course is also available as an inhouse course. For more information contact our training team.