A positive relationship between supervising social worker and foster carers is critical to promoting the retention of foster carers, the stability of placements and positive outcomes for children and young people. However, the role of the supervising social worker is far from straightforward.
This 2 day course is for new and experienced supervising social workers.
This course will:
- Provide an opportunity to reflect on practice
- Explore challenges faced by both supervising social workers and foster carers
- Consider effective ways of supporting foster carers through their fostering journey
- Explore ways of providing leadership and empowering foster carers to provide children and young people with the best possible care
- Examine what supports supervising social workers need to be effective in their role
How to book
To book a place on this training course please complete and return the booking form attached. For further information contact Joy Crawford, Learning & Development Co-ordinator, by calling 0141 204 1400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org